Is my message too personal?
Is it not personal enough?
- "Happy Birthday to someone who makes this company great. Thank you for all you do."
- “I am thankful to have a job at such a wonderful company. Happy Birthday to a person who makes this place great.”
- “Happy Birthday to someone who inspires us all!”
This is for the time you know this exec has one.
- “Happy Birthday to the gal in the corner office from the gal in the corner cube.”
- “Happy Birthday. I billed an hour on my timesheet to writing this. Hope that’s okay.”
- “Happy Birthday from your brightest employee who you’re going to promote real soon.”
If you’ve never met this C-level Executive, and/or their personality errs on the side of serious, use phrases such as:
- “Happy Birthday. Thank you for your leadership."
- ”Happy Birthday to a wonderful leader."
- “Thank you for making this company so great. Happy Birthday!”
- “Happy Birthday and best wishes for another successful year.”
Don’t use language or words that you would not normally use when writing a note. If you’ve worked closely with the exec, include a note that is more personal. Just be the best version of you.